Thursday, June 14, 2007

Yarn, books, rags


Jennifer asked what yarn I’m using for the Lutea Lace Shoulder Shell. It is called Nashua handknits cilantro, in the color turquoise. It is made of 70% cotton 30% polyester. It has been interesting to knit with. So far I’m pleased with the yarn. However, I'm a little worried about keeping my gauge consistant with it. It has a good bit of stretch to it that I’m not use to knitting with.

In other news I’ve finished a book, actually two and joined a rag race.

The two books I finished are The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Dicamillo and Pendragon The Merchant of Death by D. J. MacHale. Both are children’s books recommended for ages 9-12. I felt the Pendragon book is more for the older kids and the Edward Tulane book is for all ages. I really enjoyed The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and think that if you have children that like you to read to them then get this book. The story is very heartwarming; the chapters are short and easy to read out loud. As for Pendragon I didn’t read it, I listened to it. I usually like to listen to audiobooks especially when I’m spinning and this is the one I listened to for spinning the purple stuff. It’s a series book and I listened to it because one of the students at the school recommended it. She did tell me that she read them out of order and found the first one to be a bit boring and the main character came out as being whinny. From the information she gave me I’m assuming the next book will be more exciting to read. I will eventually read another book in this series but I’m not in any hurry to do so.

The rag race is a dish rag knitting relay race, hosted by Yarn Miracle. If you are interested then visit her site for more information. It sounds like fun and not a huge commitment.

No comments: