Friday, June 22, 2007

On the wheel

Here’s what’s on the wheel, pretty boring heh?

It’s my first time spinning merino wool. I probably should have dyed the wool before spinning it but decided to dye it after. My best description of spinning this is smooth and sticky. I usually sit outside to spin and it is humid here. I found the merino roving likes to stick to me, my chair, the dog, the table. You name it, it will cling to it. However, once I figured out how to contain it, it would just slip out of my fingers onto the wheel so smoothly and it is very soft. I’m hoping to ply it soon and turn it into socks.

Speaking of socks Dax has decided she wants to knit some socks. It’s a good thing I love her so much because I opened up my sock yarn bin and said choose what you want. I saw her hand roam over my opal yarn and I thought to myself, oh those are my favorites. She then decided she liked the lorna laces yarn better, I thought, oh, my lorna laces yarn, sigh. She then thought nah maybe the socks that rocks yarn. Ok, it took me a long time to finally get some socks that rocks yarn but if she wants them she can have them. But then she decided that she liked the cladia handpainted yarn best.

So the cladia yarn is now on the needles and being made into a nice pair of socks. All joking aside I’m very pleased that at least one of my children enjoys knitting almost as much as I do. I did show both Tyde and Dax how to knit but it just didn’t stick with Tyde. He likes playing with my spinning wheel more then knitting needles so I still think he might come around one day.

The other big event is that we are now down to one more inspection on the house, the CO (certificate of occupancy). We are hoping to get this done on Thursday. All I can say is that it’s been a long three years.

I decided to end this post with a picture of Rohan with a bad hair cut. Dax insisted that we needed to shave him. I have to admit he does seem a lot more happy. But, he sure does look funny. She got tired of shaving him and left his head, tail and feet alone. He has a lion look to him.


I hope everybody has a great weekend.

No comments: