Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lutea Lace

All that luck you guys sent my way must have worked. Thank you very much. Not only did the power guys make it here to hook up the power but we got our final inspection. Wahooo!! However, I was slightly disappointed to learn the final inspection is not the final inspection. Huh? The inspector told me we need one more inspection before we get the CO. It’s the landscape/drainage inspection. Oh phooey, so we have scheduled that one for Thursday.

I did do the final touches to the Lutea Lace Shoulder Shell. Unlike the county inspections, final touches means it’s finished.


Specifics:
Pattern: Lutea Lace Shoulder Shell from Interweave Knits Magazine, Summer 2007
Needles: Size 8 circular and Size 8 straight
Yarn: Nashua handknits cilantro, in the color turquoise. I think I used almost five balls.

This project was actually a very quick project. It just takes me a long time because I will jump from one project to another. If I would just focus on one I would finish quicker, but what fun would that be? The pattern used short rows. There are directions in the back of the magazine explaining this technique but if you need more help check out this web page from knitty.com.

Also there are corrections for this pattern that you can find here. You will need the corrections for the shoulder part.


For those of you who like to see what the finished object looks like when worn, here you go.


The first attempt at knitting this I did for the size 40. It seemed to big so I went to size 36. It's kind of snug, not really how I usually wear my clothes but I think I will wear it anyway.

I hope everybody has a great week. We are looking forward to having my sister’s family visit for a cook out tomorrow and then watching fireworks.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I kept trying to add a label to this post after it was posted and blogger didn't want me to :(.

No comments: