Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wizard Hat

I finally decided to go to the book store to preorder the next Harry Potter book. I wasn’t planning on doing the book store party thing for the release, but Dax talked me into it. So, one of my craft projects is a wizard hat. I saw these hats and really liked them. They are crochet. Hmm, this might be a problem. I have very little experience with crochet. I had no idea how to make them. I started looking on the internet and found this pattern. Ok, I think I can do this. Since my confidence was low I picked some ugly. cheap yarn and started hooking. (Is that what it’s called?) And this is what I have so far.


I don’t really love this hat; it’s the color that I don’t like. I also don’t like the top part of it. Regardless I will try and finish it. The main reason is because I don’t have enough time to make another one before the book release. The fabric the hat is sitting on is for a cape. Dax told me she would like a cape to wear to the festivities. I told her she has a cape and she said it doesn’t fit. I was determined that she was wrong. I mean how much growth can a person do in one year. Well, she was right, maybe it’s been two years since the last time she wore the cape. We will be cutting the fabric today. Not only will she get to wear it to the book store party but she can where it to the Harry Potter paint your own pottery party to. Tyde on the other hand has no interest in wearing a cape.

On the house front. We got our last inspection approved. It wasn’t exactly that smooth. They came out and said you need to put a small hill here with some plants on it, so we did. They came and approved our new plants and hill. The neighbor then came out and said he didn’t like the plants. They were to close to the property line. So we left the little hill, moved the plants to the back and put some grass on the hill. Hopefully everybody is happy now. The inspector told me to give her a few days to process the paper work. I will be heading to Vierra tomorrow to pick up the CO (unless they have something else they want us to do). We can then officially move in.

We do still have the wall cabinets to put up in the kitchen and carpet to put down in the bedrooms. The cabinets are sitting in the hall way. See:


Rudy and I will get those up this week. Since we did about everything else on this house we decided to let somebody else do the carpet. We ordered the carpet from home depot and they are suppose to call Thursday to set up an installation time. Once that is done we will be furniture shopping. (Yeah)

No comments: