Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Computer issues

It’s been awhile since I last posted. We had a computer problem. It blew out, the power supply burnt out. Boy did it smell bad. The smell reminded me of when one of those plastic spoons would get stuck on the heat source in the dishwasher. Fortunately, it only affected the power supply. The whole incident reminded me that I need to back up some of the things on the computer, like pictures.

Since my last post Rudy did the Boston marathon, Tyde got his hair cut and Dax won an award for an ad design.

I asked Rudy how the Boston marathon was. I was expecting him to say cold, wet and miserable. But he said “fine.” I had to ask more questions and found out that while waiting at the start line it was raining and cold but he was prepared with a rain coat. Once the run started he said he didn’t notice it being that bad. He must have been zoning out, LOL.

As for Tyde and Dax I will try and get pictures up of the new hair cut and ad when I can.

I have been very ambitious that we would be able to make a sweater to wear for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. We being my sister and I. We started with a pattern that didn’t work out well because of the yarn we chose and the gauge so we chose another sweater. This sweater had gauge issues to but we decided to make it work. My first cast on was huge. I think we have worked that issue out. Here is where I was at yesterday.


The sweater is called Cable Eyelet Panel Short Sleeve Pullover from Crystal Palace.

I’m using knit picks yarn. I know have 8 days to finish it. There is apart of me that says I’m silly to think I will finish it but there is another part of me that says, if you don’t do anything else then I will get it finished. So I’m planning on putting aside most house work, playing at the computer and exercise to see if I will get it done. Remember I would never win an award for speed knitting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a bit of a blip in the blogging myself. I'm glad you were able to fix the computer problem. How do you back up your photos? I've been wondering what to do about that myself. Your sweater looks gorgeous so far! I love the colour! By the way, my sister did the Boston marathon a few years ago. She said the difficulty was not what she thought it would be. Her main problem was trying not to trip...over other feet (it was crowded), or debris on the ground.

Anonymous said...

That sweater is quite an undertaking. Cables on a large scale make me cringe. May your needles be on fire! and you make the 8 day deadline. Congrats to Dax! how exciting and what would make Tyde want his hair cut? just curious. My 11 year old is trying to see just how far he can take his at the moment. I don't mind it except when he pulls it down in front of his face and puts it in his mouth. Gosh!

Denise said...

Cute sweater!

It looks like you have a pretty good start so maybe 8 days will be enough. Good luck - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!