Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Out of sync

I feel like I’ve been out of sync for awhile but on the upside, I feel like I’m starting to rebound. Today is the 4 of July. Normally the kids are pretty excited, Rudy cooks out on the grill and he buys them fire works. He has to work today. It is bittersweet. It would be great to see the shuttle go up but I know the kids are bummed about him not being here. They are stuck with boring Mom. I will not get them fireworks. Actually I don’t mind them having fireworks but for some reason the city doesn’t want them to have them. We are in the county but it’s between two cities, Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral. The two cities are doing a big push about no fireworks. It’s supposed to rain anyway.


I think the other thing that has me a little worn is the dog. He’s been sick. He is known for eating things he shouldn’t and getting them stuck in his digestive system. This dog has cost us a fortune in surgeries. He is a golden retriever and I know now why they call them “Golden”. I was beginning to think maybe he had eaten something again that isn’t going through the system right. He wasn’t eating his food and keeping me up at night wanting to go outside, wanting to come in over and over again. After thinking back about what I think the kids have given him to eat I’ve decided I think he just has a stomach ache or a reaction to something they gave him and it will pass as long as I don’t let them feed him anymore junk, the main culprit being peanuts.


Well on to other things. I finished my booga bag. At least I thought I finished it but after putting the handles on it and looking at it I decided I need longer handles and I need to felt it more. I want it to be a little stiffer and I'd like the handles to be long enough to drape it across my back.






I also decided to try and make something with the yarn I plied. The pattern calls for singles but I don’t think I could do it with my singles. Let’s just say they were a bit thin in places. I’ve never really crochet before and this is a crochet thing so I learned just enough to do the pattern.


That’s it for now, I’m off to try and get back into sync.

No comments: