Friday, September 14, 2007

First I want to thank everybody for their nice comments. I really do appreciate it. I have to admit I haven’t been keeping up with e-mails and blogs like I have in the past but I’m hoping to catch back up soon.

I’ve casted on a new knitting project. It’s from the Fall 2007 Vogue Knitting magazine. The pattern is called Ruffled Jacket. The yarn I’m using for it is called elisebeth lavold chunky AL, and I love it. It is oh so soft, 50% alpaca, 50 % wool. I used some birthday money to get it at Webs. It was on closeout and I hope I have enough of it to finish this project.


I'm not so sure about the cable pattern that runs up the middle. Something about it looks funky. The magazine does not have a good close up picture of it. I looked on line to see if there was a correction to the pattern but couldn't find one so decided to just stay with it. The yarn is more brown then what the picture is showing it to be.

I still have the shrug on the needles to but decided it would be better for Dax. It looks much more appropriate on a teenager then ah a mature person of my age.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Dax has her soccer game Saturday. There is a local fiber festival going on, and I told Dax and a friend of hers that I would take them to a theme park on Sunday since they have no school on Monday. Hopefully Tyde will come for the theme park but I’m not sure if spending the day with his younger sister and her friend is high on his agenda list. I'm also hoping to catch up on some internet stuff. I have been a member of Ravelry for awhile now and have yet to post a project. It would be nice to get at least one project posted.

Rudy has been working on this.


I know it doesn’t look like much now but in the near future (hopefully) it will become shelves to put in my craft/bamboo room.

I hope everybody has a great weekend.

No comments: