Monday, October 01, 2007

Dish Rag Tag

The running ragged team should get an award for perseverance. Even though we may have came in last place we at least finished. Well as long as the package doesn't get lost again. The box got lost one person before my tag. I was beginning to think it would never make it to me. But then, on Saturday I found this in my mailbox.



Thank you Jannett for all the goodies! The rag is beautiful, the caramel bites were delicious and I'll get good use out of the note cards and pocket pics book.

I immediately started working on my rag to send to the finish line. Jannett had sent some pretty pink yarn and some variegated yarn. I really liked the rich colors in the variegated yarn and decided to use it.



I wanted to keep it simple and stick to just making a square rag. Then I saw a cool looking stitch pattern at Yarn over Manhattan's blog. I just love how you can find great inspiration from other people's knitting on the internet. She called it the 2-Colour Star Stitch Pattern from a book I didn't have so I looked in some books that I did have and found a stitch pattern that looked similar. It's the daisy stitch from Vogue Knitting Stichionary book.

A big thank you to Emily for hosting the Dish Rag Tag. It was exciting waiting for the box and trying to decide what to knit for the rag. The box alone was really cute. Everybody that got the box left little messages and stickers on it.

No comments: