Monday, June 11, 2007

Plied up

It’s all plied up and ready for its next trip back to Alabama.
The fiber was bought from a vendor at the MSWF called Brush Creek Wool Works. Its label says 8 oz of purple Cotswold wool. I Navajo plied it and managed to get just over 365 yards. There is 182 yards in the first skein and 183.7 yards in the second skein (tied off with the pink string). I found it easy to spin up and enjoyed spinning it.


Now I have to figure out what I want to spin next. I pulled out some white superwash merino from the pile and thought maybe I could spin it up to be some sock yarn and then dye it. Honestly, I do have a lot of sock yarn in the stash but I don’t have really any that are solid colors so maybe I need some more. There is also that vest I wanted to do but I don’t think I will use the superwash roving for that. Hmm, I’ll have to think about it more.

In the mean time I have casted on a new project. It’s the Lutea Lace-Shoulder Shell from Interweave Knits magazine.


I did manage to catch a picture of the shuttle going up. I took it from the back yard and got a kick out of Rohan’s reaction. We can hear the shuttle pretty good from the house. It makes a loud rumbling noise. Rohan kept looking in the tree to see what was making the noise.

No comments: